Thursday, February 18, 2016

Simple Pleasures… Plain & Simple, slightly a mess - and in Black & White (13 of 29)


Being on “sabbatical” makes every night a Friday night… and every morning a Saturday.  Sometimes I’ve got to look at my phone to see what day it actually is, because the days are running together so very easily, and the time I’ve taken off from the “working world” is going by at lightning speed!  However, today is actually a Saturday… and I get to spend most of it with a fabulous girlfriend.  

Needing a quick caffeine boost before meeting Michelle, I’m waiting for the Keurig to warm up and I'm staring at perhaps the messiest cabinet in my entire house.  Yet, my OCD doesn’t kick in… Here’s why.

Multiple cats, butterflies, Wonder Woman themed,
Inspirational, & Scrabble mugs, along with Starbucks
 souvenirs from around the world greet me daily.
Some times  it really is the "Little Things." 
Each of the casual mugs in this frequented cupboard means something special to me.  90% were gifts from my children which automatically make them cherished.  What makes each mug especially significant is that I’m "known" by my 3 cherubs and by the friends who've contributed to this collection.  (Several missing are in the dishwasher...so this conglomeration would be even more disturbing to the analytical eye if they were clean...you're welcome.) 

 If you know me well at all, you know there is special significance to butterflies, cats, and yes – for many years “Wonder Woman.” So, this is indeed a simple pleasure for which I’m grateful… a treasure trove of mugs symbolizing people, places, events and meaningful things that are treasured in my heart now and always.  This cupboard may be slightly a mess… but that’s okay… its representative of me.  (I’m definitely slightly a mess…. on my best of days!)

Still, this little mess before me makes me smile.  It's like a little daily hug.  Boom.

(Coffee’s done… time to come alive…there’s a full, fun day ahead.)

No comments:

Post a Comment