Monday, February 22, 2016

Simple Pleasures… Plain & Simple, in Black & White (15 of 29)




Since moving in to my house almost a year ago, my new address has been a respite. It literally feels like a cozy hug, every time I walk in... that's how home SHOULD feel.  Before moving in, I had planned on installing a security system – especially now that it’s widely known I live solo.

Intentions weren’t carried through until now.  Thankfully, the system is in place and it’s just one more layer of “peace.” Knowing that every door and window has a sensor is comforting, especially, when on occasion I hear an unfamiliar noise on another floor of the house. ADT is monitoring 24/7 for smoke, heat, and intruders... so if a fire ever breaks out while I’m away, or sleeping soundly, they'll send help my way.  Being once again a sound sleeper – this is key! 

ADT  put a note on my account that there are two beloved felines living here… so in the event of an emergency, first responders will be alerted.  (With several friends on the local fire department … they’d likely know to get them to safety in my absence...but again, it's another layer of coverage.)

Obviously, I pray there’s never an issue, but now I'm at least better prepared. It may not seem a big deal to some, but I’m extremely grateful for this added layer of protection. 

It's time for some treasured deep sleep... goodnight.




No comments:

Post a Comment