Thursday, February 11, 2016

Simple Pleasures… Plain & Simple, in grey... & Red, White & Blue (9 of 29)





  It's one of those funny Georgia weather days again.  Knowing how to dress the months of November through March each year is a little like Roulette. Granted, I reach for the shorts and flipflops any time it even looks remotely warm and sunny BUT...

TODAY is most definitely a thick sweater and rain boots kind of day... it's SNOWING!  

The little girl awakens within me and excitedly watches for the magical white powder as it drifts from grey skies.




The view from my dining room...  one  of my
favorite places to observe the outdoors - year round.  

Seeing Old Glory waving in the wind, little girl in me quickly transitions back to the patriotic grown woman - proud to be an American and very proud to be the Mom of a United States Marine.

My thoughts instantly go to a much snowier place, to Washington DC 
where my baby boy currently lives and serves this great country.

Funny how some rabbit trails are reminders of a multitude of blessings... 
Grateful smiles abound on this beautifully grey-skied February day...

This is one of my favorite pictures from Tyler's time at 8th & I in Washington, DC.
He is in the very front , with the blood stripe on his pants and carrying a sword.  That's my baby boy.
The absolute best son anyone could ask for....



No comments:

Post a Comment